Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Miracles

Hey people!

For the past couple of weeks in EduCell, it’s been about miracles.

Miracles = the act of God

The word “miracle” has been used widely in society. Some perceive it as a phenomenon/ happening that was thought to be impossible. But I was told that without God in the equation, it’s not a miracle. Meaning…if you don’t believe in God, there’s no such thing as a miracle. That was a little bit troubling to hear, for me (as you know I’m a non-believer). Everybody wants a miracle to happen at some point in their lives, including myself. And to be told that without believing in a God, you won’t have a miracle, it’s quite sad…but oh well

Come to think of it, I’ve never experienced a miracle or perhaps I just never realize it. I don’t even use the word “miracle”…well, probably just a hand full of times but no more!

One point that I would like to highlight from the discussions during EduCell is “What is the purpose of biblical miracles?”
1- Assurance that God is always there and always watching over us
2- Knowing that God is working in our life
3- Show God’s love for his people and power to create
4- “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father”John 14:13. Meaning that any miracle that happens, it is to bring glory to God.

I guess the lesson that I’m trying to highlight is we should open our eyes to miracles and our faith will be strengthen even more.
Miracles doesn’t need to be big things like Jesus feeding the 5000, parting of the Red sea or the resurrection of Jesus but it can be small minute things like entering university with terrible results or getting back twice as much of money given out.
So, JUST SEE………


-Yan Hua-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Amen sister!

lots of miracles happened in my life..small one big one I consider all as miracles of GOD.

the 1st thing happened after I accepted the Lord was I lost my handphone in perth airport and after crying hard and pray hard someone called me up and passed me the phone in KARAWARA coles! I dropped it in the carpark I was so amazed that the phone not yet been crushed by the tyres!

it's impossible for me to count all my blessings.. all miracles.. it is just too much

He is so real in my life ever since I put my faith in Him Im beginning to experience great J O Y & P E A C E.

*just to share*

iris